Lawn bowls has been playing in this club since 1920s. Club de Recreio was a dominant force among other lawn bowls clubs in the last century. We have maintained a crop of talented bowlers pursuing a high level of competitiveness and upholding the sport as gentlemen’s game. Presently, we are in the process of rebuilding teams for the future.
We are one of the few clubs in Hong Kong to have an outdoor green of natural grass and an indoor green of carpet. Bowlers can sharpen their skills on different ground conditions at the same venue.
Since Lawn Bowls is an inexpensive sport and relatively easy to take up, we encourage members of the public who have not played this game before and are interested in the sport to approach our Convenor to find out more. It is never too late to learn the game and be good at it. More importantly, it is a lot of fun and experience sharing within a big family.
The Outdoor Green is restricted to Members only and guests will only be allowed with prior approval from the Convenor. The Green is usually opened on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays at the following hours:
a. Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. (except Public Holidays)
b. Saturdays: 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm. (except Public Holidays)
c. Sundays and Public Holidays: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
In the event of inclement weather, the decision on whether the Green remains opened will be left at the discretion of the Green Ranger and in his absence the decision will be made by the Convenor. If either cannot be reached, the head Fa Wong will make this decision.
The Indoor Green operates daily from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm and is opened to Members and guests.
Guests of Members may be invited to use the Indoor Green only on Mondays and Fridays and after 7:00 pm on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. The use of rinks must be booked on hourly basis in advance by a Member. Guests must be accompanied by the Member in the same booked rink.
Children under 12 must be supervised and accompanied by parents or designated adults. Special consideration may be given to this age group for those who joined the Club under the Junior Sporting Membership Scheme.
2. Restrictions on the use of Greens
- Permissible footwear must comply with HKLBA specifications for Lawn Bowls shoes.
- During inclement weather, users of Indoor Green should wipe the footwear on a mat provided before stepping on the carpet of the Green.
- For the Outdoor Green, groundsheets when placed can only be removed with authorization from the Green Ranger or Convenor.
- It is important that users of the Indoor Green do not wax their bowls before playing on the Green.
3. Facilities and Carpark
- Changing of shirts, trousers and shorts is only allowed in the Changing Rooms and not anywhere else in the Club.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere else in the Club except at the designated smoking area.
- No guest parking will be allowed unless otherwise stated in the designated periods.
4. Food and Beverage
- No outside food or drinks are allowed to be brought to the Club to be consumed.
- No food or drinks are allowed to be taken on or consumed on the Greens.
- Visiting players may purchase cash coupons for buying drinks or snacks at the restaurant.
5. Improper use of Green
We reserve the right to turn away any person who, without proper training is improperly delivering his/her bowls with impact which may cause damage to the Green or any person who uses the Green for purposes other than lawn bowls.
- KCC Friendly Game – Oct 2020
- Challenge Cup with KBGC – Oct 2020
- Fat-Choy Cup – Jan 2020
- Fun day – Oct 2019
- KCC Friendly Game – Aug 2019
- HKLBA Annual Dinner – May 2019
- Challenge Cup with KBGC – May 2019
- League opening celebration – Apr 2019
- Fat-Choy Cup – Feb 2019
- FC Invitation Cup – Dec 2018
- League Opening Celebration – Apr 2018
Mr. C. L. Fung
Mr. Rex Wong